Thursday, May 27, 2010

CT Places: Enders

(This is the first in a series of mostly pictorial posts I'll be making, showcasing many of the mainly natural areas I frequent in this state. I love a good hike, and I imagine many of you might as well. Enjoy!)

Enders State park is located in West Granby, CT on Rte 219. It's like a 15 minute drive from my house and well worth it- the scenery is gorgeous, the uphill/downhill hiking is great exercise, and on hot days it's fun to go swimming in the natural pools at the base of the many falls along the trail. Check it out:



2 comments:

  1. omg how breathtaking! i'm jealous! now i want to move to CT. i'll have to confer with my 6 kitties...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, that's funny- we're looking into moving OUT of CT! The job market here is really really bad, but it seems that's not the case in other areas of the country, so... I've decided to spend what very well be my last weeks here taking as many pictures as I can of the things I see regularly to alleviate any feeling of homesickness I may get if and when we do leave.

    But- economy problems aside, Connecticut DOES have some very beautiful places, as you'll soon see :D Tomorrow I'll be climbing this mountain (with my camera), it's just a ridiculously GORGEOUS view from the top.

    ReplyDelete