Thursday, August 13, 2009

CopyCattery Updates

Hi all, thanks to you all for your support in this; I hope to see this resolved quickly. Etsy admin is AMAZING- they got back to me this morning! I was pleasantly surprised by that, after being told it might be a week or so before I heard from them. I am forwarding to them all relevant information regarding these items, and they should be taking care of this soon. For anyone who's interested, Etsy's copyright policy can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/copyright_policy.php; apparently all I have to do is send them some info regarding these items and they'll make this right. Etsy doesn't wanna be associated with design theft anymore than most of the rest of us do- it's icky! I'm confident that this will be resolved shortly, and that this other seller will realize that not only is it just not cool to copy other people's work, it's not worth the hassle. Especially not for 6 bucks!! Sheesh.

Speaking of the other seller, I haven't received a response to my convo, but I did see that they slightly altered the wording to their listing. I can only assume that that is their response to my note. They only changed it slightly though, I mean, the first few words are still the same! Uncreative people are so predictably boring...

Anyhow, I'll let you all know what happens with this as things develop.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad etsy responded so quickly, makes me feel good and protected. Good luck with everything :)

    ReplyDelete